RESEARCH AND OUT-REACH
- Review of Community 2012 : Kannada
- Review of Rural Youth in Chamarajanagar 2012 Kannada
- Study of ‘new lease agriculture’ in a dry belt. Kannada / English
- Angarike Maala: Green Print English
- Essay on Drought: 2017 Kannada / English
- NEJARU: ADIVASI JEEVANA MATHU SHIKSHANADA STHITYANTARU (Nejaru: Adivasi Life and the Conditions of Education). Rupa Prakashan: Mysuru.
- ‘The Displaced Threshing Yard: Involutions of the Rural’. Development and Change, Sage Publications. 2019.
- ‘School Differentiation’, The India Forum, May. 2019.
[Publications by individual members are listed under the members’ names.]
We continue to conduct research on issues related to agriculture, rural issues, youth and democracy. With Badri’s book on Ashramshalas published, he will update and revise some case studies of government schools. Based on our observations on the increase of ‘runaways’ (youth who enter into inter-caste or inter-religious marriages and who leave home), we are documenting such cases and attempting to understand the changing family, gender and aspirational mobility forms in rural India. The details of the state of natural resources and the impact of climate change in the district will be documented for out-reach and advocacy purposes. After the March end meeting on
democracy with the youth of the district, we have decided to conduct such meetings and discussions on democracy on a regular basis at the district level. A handbook on democracy and the challenges in India will be developed over the coming year. Members of the team continue to write and publish on a range of themes including current socio-political conditions and trends, sociology of education, and agrarian issues. Regular out-reach work with farmers on sustainable agriculture (monthly meetings and demonstrations), with residents of Nagavalli village on water conservation, waste management and home gardens, and with the youth from our ILP programme on decentralised democracy continues.